Thursday, October 6, 2016

I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER SEEING THE PAST WEEK GO BY!

Well, another week has gone by.  Have I caught up on what I wanted to catch up on?  Nooo!  It was another of those “time is going by and nothing is getting done” weeks.

Well, technically this is not true.  I did catch up some things which were waiting and I did do things during the week.  It just feels like I did nothing.

Last Friday I met with a client to get his tax return information to prepare his return. Of course to do this I had to move my “Friday errands” to Thursday. So between the two, that took most of the two days. 

On Saturday one of the other members of my embroidery chapter and I and my husband were at the same local Fair which I mentioned entering in an earlier post.  We had a table in the Exhibition Hall (a recreation of the 19th century building where the art, crafts, needlework, flowers, children and culinary entries are displayed) to demonstrate embroidery and talk about our chapter.  We had a number of ladies stop - we always do - as well as men and children.  Some take the information about our chapter, but then we never hear from them.  In addition to showing the larger community of the Island that we exist, having fun working on our needlework, talking to people about something we love to do (and I love to talk also), our National organization wants the local chapters to do outreach and this is outreach.  So that took up Saturday.

Sunday we went out for our normal day - lunch at Costco and then walk around and look - despite people on TV and friends claiming it is impossible to go to Costco and leave without spending hundreds of dollars, we only buy items we need and generally they are planned purchases.   Then we went to Bjs (a similar type of store) for gas - we needed to buy a food item there and went in for it first as they were giving 5 cents a gallon off if one made a purchase first - I think we saved something like 50 cents.  Then a stop in the Walmart out in this area (as opposed to the ones we go to almost every day near us).  We wasted a bit of time there as we then went after the Fair closed for the day (last day) so we could pick up my entries.  Sunday night started one of the major Jewish religious holidays.  I had cooked a stew for dinner for it over Friday and Saturday night so I just had to heat it up as I knew we would be home on the late side to cook dinner. I watched religious services on television.

Monday was the main day of the Jewish holiday and it is a day when one is not suppose to be doing normal things - one should go to the synagogue and pray during the holiday.  I spend the day reading a contemplative book and praying at home. I again watched religious services on television.  While the holiday lasts through Tuesday afternoon, I observe one day of it so Monday night I had a bit of a chance to catch up on what was not done that would normally be done over the weekend and on Monday - like check email.

This brings us to Tuesday - feel the week rushing past?  Tuesday we stopped at the Walmart supermarket near us to buy some grocery items not available at the other general Walmarts near us.  I am not sure if I have I mentioned that we do not have huge Walmarts as are elsewhere.  Our stores have small food sections, not supermarkets and even this specialized supermarket is greatly lacking compared to the supermarket sections in regular Walmarts. No bread or hamburger rolls in stock - this seems to happen a lot at this store.  I caught up on paperwork waiting to be done - and laundry waiting to be folded from last week.  I paid bills for one of the organizations I am treasurer of.  I prepared for the meeting today of my embroidery chapter - packing the supplies needed for the project to be done at the meeting, making up Treasurer’s report, etc.  I also got some errands ready to be done as the first Wednesday of the month is my day out alone.  After the meeting I do things husband hates - like return soda bottles.

And lastly, today.  I went to my embroidery chapter meeting which took a good (fun) chunk of the day.  I then had lunch out alone and ran the errands.  I returned the soda bottles to Walmart and went in with the slips from the soda bottle machines (whopping 95 cents) to buy bread and hamburger rolls, figuring to use the deposit returns towards it.  There was none there either.  Perhaps the possibility of the hurricane which may be heading this way - although probably not - has caused a run on bread?  The stores did not seem crowded enough for hurricane panic, so perhaps they did not get deliveries?

When I came home I prepared the tax return for the client whose information I picked up last week.  That took until dinner - and dinner was late.  After dinner I went back upstairs to the office (instead of immediately sitting down and writing to you nice people who read this) to pay bills and figure out how much I have to transfer to cover bills until next Friday.  This would normally be done tomorrow night for the errands to be run this Friday, but we are going to eye doctor on Friday, so we will go tomorrow to the bank. 

In between this the meals were cooked, the dishes washed, the laundry done - I am doing the laundry as I write this.  I am dealing with putting together an order for my embroidery chapter for an education project - making sure members have paid their share of their kit, following up on new members paying their dues, making arrangements to deposit funds to the bank account of one our board members who will pay for it with her Paypal account, contacting the woman - in Australia - who designs the kits and we have to order them from, about the coming order, figuring out who we are going to have the order sent to...  So I know I did things - it just does not feel as if I did.  I tend to look at the outgoing mail during the week and the filing to be done on Friday and if there is little of either I feel as if I have not done anything, if there is a lot of both, then I feel as if I got a lot accomplished.  There is little of both. 

What makes you feel as if you have accomplished things during the week?  Do you also feel as if you got nothing done, when you also actually did a lot of things?


               

No comments:

Post a Comment