Friday, September 29, 2017

A WEEK SO BAD THAT I AM POSTING A DAY LATE

Well, I just finished posting last week’s post which did not post itself on schedule.  So much for listening to suggestions of prewriting the posts and setting them up to post by themselves.  Even worse, I am day late with this week’s post.  It has been that kind of week - heck, September was an overstuffed month altogether.

Well, I have learned, mostly to eat with my new teeth, after some adjustments from the dentist, - but I now whistle when I say the “s” sound.  I hope that can be fixed also.

Last Saturday I went to the Long Island Fair with a friend my embroidery chapter.  I was so organized - I bought a curtain rod to hang our banner (handmade by some earlier members), I brought handouts with our information, I brought our tiny plastic suitcase with things for exhibitions (including plate stands to put framed needlework pictures on), I brought pieces I have made/started in the past from the chapter, I brought things to work on and I brought lunch for husband (who was joining us) and myself.  I did forget to bring a table cover.  I have never forgotten same before and we have been involved with the Fair for 30 years.  Oh well, we got by without one.  Sunday we mostly had a chance to rest - and then had to run at the end of the day and pick up our entries at the Fair.

Monday we went to the dentist and working on my teeth, the “s” is a little better, but not gone. 

I had planned to go to a client on Tuesday, but she was not available and I had to go on Wednesday, so I tried to get most things done for the week.  This included the newsletter for my embroidery chapter.  It goes out on the last Wednesday of the month.  I wrote it up Tuesday night - with a question out to the chapter president about her column.  I figured that, Wednesday, since I have been getting back a bit earlier from the client than I used to - she has to leave about an hour earlier than she used to, I would be able to easily finish the newsletter and set up our banking for today (Thursday).  Oh boy, was I wrong.  When I got there she had a major problem - which I will not go into, but I was making phone calls for her and trying to figure out how to best resolve the problem for her.  She is in her 70s or 80s, with a very small business and I treat her like I would my mom.  So, I got home just in time to make dinner.  With normal things after dinner (and we eat late) it was almost midnight by the time I went up.

It took until 1 am to finish the newsletter - when I actually had finished it, there were all sorts of double and overlapping lines which were suppose to be single lines and I could not get text to wrap around a photo and finally realized that the photo did not fit any way - which easily resolved the problem.  So the newsletter went out a few hours late - but I am guessing that no one reads it before Thursday morning anyway, so they probably did not notice it went out late.

I also managed to figure out where to get money to pay all of the bills through the end of the month, okay, that is Saturday, all the bills until around the 10th of next month.  I called up one of our credit cards to get the “points” money credited to our account to help with the bills going out around the 10th of next month.  I thought it was for around $20, but anything helps.  I apparently I have not been organized about calling for the credit of these points to the account.  I normally call when the points balance passes $50 - somehow it was over $200, not $20, it pays almost all of that bill - yippee!  That will help with the October bills.

I spent part of the day today on the phone with the client trying to fax something to someone else in the same business space as her, for her - her fax machine never works - to resolve what we were working on yesterday - which has to be resolved by October 5.  The friend’s fax was not working either.  We pay per call on our landline and they are in NYC so the calls for the fax are not cheap (okay, not cheap to me or husband as we grew up in homes and the time when a call to the next county was not done unless there was an emergency) and the multiple attempts to fax were also using paper for the receipt saying it did not go out.  I finally mailed the papers to her and hopefully she will have it on Monday and the matter will be timely resolved.

As a result of all of this craziness, I did not get to the laundry last night. Normally that would not be that bad, but last week I did the laundry a day early due to the holiday and then never did finish putting it away.  So tonight I have to do a lot of laundry as there is an extra 2 days worth - and somehow my two weeks plus of panties is down to one spare pair.  I am also writing this post.  I had planned for “craft night” - when I get a chance to do some embroidery or other craft from 11:20 pm to 2:00 am - to hem the piece I am embroidery as one is suppose to do so but I am lazy (yes, I admit it, I am the laziest person I know, I will carry in multiple packages from the car no matter what they weigh just to avoid a second trip - drives my husband crazy).  The threads are starting to pull out of the edges of the piece, so I need to hem.  That is not to be.  As I started this post husband came down and told me that he sold something on his webpage.  He was told that I had to write this post and then I will be up to do the paperwork for him.  (I am an accountant, I love paperwork.)  So, this post will be brief.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK -

Sooner or later everything important gets done - or it doesn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment