Thursday, September 7, 2017

NO TIME TO WRITE TODAY - POOR ORGANIZATION

Again I am sorry to have to start my post with my hope that any of you in the areas hit by Hurricane Harvey are faring well and I must also add my hope that any of you in the path of Hurricane Irma stay safe.

We did have a nice trip the end of last week and returned safely home late Friday night (okay, really 1 am on very early Saturday morning).  Since the trip was rather short - only 2 nights - and we did not go crazy shopping while away (the Walmarts there are so much larger and better than the ones here) we had the RV unpacked by 1:30 am. 

At that point I ran upstairs to my computer.  While away I had received an email from the president of my embroidery chapter that when I emailed out the (new and revised format) newsletter, I had left her message out and there was a large blank area on the front page.  When I read her email I wondered if I only imagined that I had added her message - but then remembered it as a bit long for the space and I had to make the column area longer and also adjust the adjacent column listing our meetings for this year to be a bit longer to match.  I apparently sent out a the copy I printed out to check the newsletter before I received her column to make sure that it and the other 7 attachments I had to send with it went out (to me) without a problem.  Much embarrassed I quickly sent out the correct edition to the members and others who get it.  In my apology I pointed out that either the readers were so polite not to mention the large empty space on the front page to me - or no one bothered to read it! 

I actually managed to catch up to the point that my desk was clear!  Not that there was not other paperwork to deal with - we are trying to get a discount on our general and school real estate taxes that is allowed for those who own their home and are 65 (as husband now is).  There are 4 forms to fill in that I can find, plus we have to give them either our deed, birth certificates and something else - or copies thereof, I cannot tell which from the instructions.  We have until the end of December to file these papers - but I know me, I better get them done now.  I filled in one form today and have already requested a “receipt” for the medical insurance we paid in 2016 (paid bills not sufficient).  I found out that the county holds events to help people with this paperwork and have marked the dates of the most local ones on my calendar (computer and cell phone - entered separately) so we can go to one.  I found I was missing our deed - well, I know it must be somewhere, since it is not with any of the house papers in the files or lock book in the house, it must be in our bank lock box - which of course I went to today to switch those offsite backup drives I have mentioned before.  I guess we will be going back in the next few days again to check for and hopefully find the deed.

I had my embroidery chapter meeting today and we did a good bit of stitching - then the visit to the bank (above), as well as a deposit to our reenactment unit’s bank account (at a different bank), returned soda bottles (for 3 months since I have not been out on my own since the beginning of June) for recycling, and bought something to start making a gift for my husband (I will not say what in case he reads the post). 

I decided to call my mom tonight after dinner - and we do go on - well she does and as you might imagine from my posts, I go on a bit also.  By the time I was off the phone with her it was well past the time we normally finish talking when we do at night and past when I should have started evening chores.  And I had extra chores tonight.

During the past week husband and I bought a frame and framed an embroidery piece I finished and am entering at the county fair.  (Technically it is a tricounty, county fair as it is the official fair for 3 counties.  It is held in the style of a late 19th century fair at the same restoration village I have mentioned before.)   I know where that piece is - the dining room table.  I also am entering the Christmas ornament I made of husband weaving last Christmas and, of course, had not thought of entering it when I packed the Christmas stuff away and I had to find it in the basement.  Luckily the “Box 1 ornaments” (the nicest ones which go on the tree first) was the 3rd box down and I found it quickly.

The same cannot be said for the ornament husband made - a handwoven Christmas tree - and plans to enter.  Last time I saw it, it was hanging from a lamp in the living room, err, “the loom room”.  It is not there.  So I ended up having to pull all of the Christmas boxes out and look in them - it is the sort of thing that would be on the top of a box to protect it.  I did not find it and do not look forward to mentioning this to husband.  I am sure it will be “my fault” that it is missing.  Luckily in the time between I wrote this and posted it - husband came down and he had his ornament safely tucked away.

And I also had to do laundry tonight.  Last week’s laundry was done a night early so there are an extra day’s clothes and I have towels and bed linens from home and the RV.  I was unsure if I should strip the bed or leave it for our final expected trip at the October or clean the sheets and go through the mess of making up the bed again - my decision was made as there were tiny bits of dirt in the bed from it sitting made up - the day after we came home I went in and stripped the bed and took it apart (which has to be done to strip it and also to remake it up).

So, while it probably will not be noticeable to any of you as my posts go out in the middle of the night anyway, this post is going out - more quickly written than normal - about 2 hours late.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK -
                       
Sometimes it takes a bit longer to get to do things than normal - but as long as they get done in the end - that is all that matters.  And talking to one’s mom - mine is 89 - is always more important than getting work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment