Thursday, December 15, 2016

TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING DONE FOR THE HOLIDAY

Well, here it is - another Wednesday night.  I feel like I got did nothing this past week as I see so much I need/want to do with so little time left before the 25th.

I managed to start putting up some of the smaller Christmas decorations, okay, I set up my Christmas bear figurines which go in the living room and this week I set up the ones which go upstairs in a little village and a small tree which goes with them which has all teddy bear ornaments.  I did not finish setting up the lighting for the village though.  We did get the outside lights up on the bushes - and the new wreath for the front door as you know.  That leaves about 8 boxes of decorations for inside the house and three trees of varying sizes to go. We don’t have much other of the holiday other than the decorations so I go big on the decorations.

I know, I know almost 2 weeks to go seems like plenty of time.  But I don’t have all that time free. I took off time tonight to take a 3 hour online test I needed to take to be able to continue to work next year - I already finished 5 smaller tests - and the reading for all 6 courses.  I managed to finish the exam with 6 minutes to spare and pass it with an 88 - 70 was needed for credit.  Now at least I have that behind me and know that I can work next year.  I promise myself, next time I will get the courses earlier in the year and get them done earlier to avoid the last minute rush.

I went to a client this week - work must be fit in also - it is very important of course, but that was another day gone from my time.

The next 4 days we will be involved with our reenacting unit for a candlelight nights event at the local restoration village.  Our unit takes over a house there from our period (late 1700s) and interprets it as if there was a period holiday party going on in it.  The event is only from 5 pm to 9:30 pm, but we have to dress in period clothes, drive to and from the village, set up the building for the night, and then close down the building at the end of the night, so the 4 and half hour event takes us seven hours plus and when we come home afterwards we first make and eat dinner - so it basically takes up the entire day for the 4 days.  Today we went out and ran our errands for the rest of the week and mailed out bill payments for all bills due between now and Monday.  It is an event we enjoy, but it does take a chunk of time.

So in between all this I will need to finish clearing out the dining room - stuff for the RV will go out to the RV and stuff for husband’s weaving will be stored in our studio.  I was pleasantly surprised today when I came downstairs after working at my computer in the afternoon to find that husband cleared out most of the living room of his weaving stuff for me to decorate the room.  The original agreement was that I would have it from after Thanksgiving - something I never expected to happen and I had planned to put all the decorations up around his loom and related items - I had even figured that at least I could use the table he uses for warping (setting up the threads to weave through) the loom to put ornaments and such on while I set up, though he has stored the table away.  I was very happy that he had the consideration not only to stop weaving, but also to make room for me. 

On Monday I received the paperwork I mentioned last week for my embroidery club to reserve our meeting room for 2017.  I filled in the papers at the table at Wendys while I waited for husband to get us lunch as the papers have to be notarized - we then went to the bank and had same done.  Later when we came home I did the rest of the paperwork needed and husband mailed it for me yesterday (Tuesday) so it is on its way.  I also had promised to write something for the chapter president and had started it a couple of weeks ago and mostly finished it today and sent it to her for her to read and see if changes or additions are needed.  I also have some questions out to members (by email) for info I was missing. 

See, I got a lot done, it just does not register as there is so much else to do.  As I sit here writing to all of you, I am also doing the laundry - one load has washed and is in the dryer and the other is washing - more loads to do, but when these 2 are done, we are okay through the weekend if I don’t get to the other loads.  Dishes are washed daily - well, three times a day, I wash them after each meal.

How are you coming along with your plans for the holiday?  Remember one can only do what one can do.  When time runs out - then one is done - by definition.  Okay, I admit it, I will keep putting stuff up until it is all up, even if that means the day after Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment