Thursday, June 3, 2021

WHAT IS NORMALLY DONE OVER 5 MONTHS ALL HAS TO BE DONE AT ONCE INSTEAD THIS YEAR!

 I have been using up my time finishing up the renewals for two organizations I am in.  Normally our reenactment unit renewals are due at the beginning of the year – our national organization needs (wants?) their renewals to them by March 31st and my embroidery chapter renewals are due to our national organization and our local region by May 31st.  Throw in tax season which normally ends on April 15th and there is a lot – but the various parts of what I need to do is spread over 5 months.

This year the national of our reenactment unit decided it was a good time to update their membership system, so their renewals are due – of course – May 31st.  And as any of you in the USA know – tax season was extended to May 17th.  People being how people are – just about everyone puts off renewing and/or filing taxes until the last minute – so late April and May has been overwhelming.  

The taxes were finished and out on time to the clients – except one client asked for an extension – he always does.  But the dues collection and submission have been running behind.  As of today I have heard from 3 of the last 4 people I needed to speak with (combined from both organizations).   So tomorrow I will be able to do the paperwork for one group and hopefully will hear from the last person, so I can do the paperwork for the other group.  

I am treasurer of both groups, and membership chair of our reenactment unit.  I took on the membership chair position as it is easier for me to collect the dues and paperwork than have someone else do so and get it all to me – as the unit is relative quiet with no meetings or events when normally the renewals are taking place.  My embroidery chapter has a membership chair and normally she would be going after members for renewals and collecting the dues – but this year (and last year) due to the pandemic and no face to face meetings it has been easier for me to collect the dues and have them mailed to me – or she would first have to do that after all was mailed to her.  

When I get all the paperwork for both groups and mail it out – slightly late for both – I will be very happy that it is all finished and take a deep breathe.  The client with the tax extension will contact me about actually doing his taxes in late August to early September – as he does every year.  

Of course life does not stop for all of this – I am still doing the housework, checking and paying bills, cooking, laundry, and so on.  And, as I mentioned  last week – we have been getting our RV ready to go out after sitting for almost 2 years (problems with it stopped us mostly from traveling in 2019 also).  

This Friday we are taking the RV to an authorized shop for its generator.  In addition to needing its normal oil change – they have to figure out why it does not start.  They charge US$160 an hour.  We are hoping it is something simple – such as the fuse is out of place or the fuse needs to be replaced – when we go there the bill always seems to be huge.  (Normally we take our RV to our dealer in another state for the oil change as it is much cheaper and they don't add on other things we didn't need and don't put in too much oil so that it does work right.)

But after posting so late last week – I was bound and determined to post on time this week!

THOUGHT OF THE WEEK -
What needs to get done, somehow gets done.   One must figure out how to do so.  Figure out which needs to be done first and do it, even when everything needs to be first!  Then do everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment