Thursday, December 9, 2021

NOT FINISHED YET WITH THE TAX PAPERWORK AND ERRANDS TO RUN ALSO

 Have spent two more days working on the tax exemption paperwork – though to be honest, “a day” around here runs 3-5 hours and is really just an afternoon.  

When I left off the first day all was basically done except the hard part – getting copies of all the bills for my accounting practice – some of which are split bills with personal, club, etc expenses.  Some expenses even need to be split several ways.  When I left off at end of this first day I was missing several bills for car expenses – I actually went to a client once last year and also drove the car to post mail to clients, to pick up same from our USPS PO box and for some needed supplies.  As I panicked over the missing bills – one was found and I felt better.

Today I found and made copies of the missing bills – except one which remains missing. It is for less then $30 and I will not go crazy looking for it.  

Tomorrow we plan to go to the bank to make deposits.  In addition we used to go weekly and would replenish the cash which we had used during the week – since we collect checks to deposit and go less than a once a month (don't get a lot of checks these days) we have not been going to the bank a regular basis and he has used the cash he had.  We don't like to be cashless in general and he needs singles to leave a tip for Friday night dinner at an Asian buffet.  

I plan to work Friday on finishing the paperwork for the exemption.  I needed to write covers for some section as well as summary explanation of what I have for them.  And the form – I still have to fill in the actual form.  I wait until the last to do so to make sure that numbers on it are correct and match the paperwork.  Then we can go next week to drop it off and get a receipt from them for it.  

Then back to work on taking exams so I can prepare tax returns next year.  

THOUGHT OF THE WEEK -

Small steps planned out make a big job easier to do.  





No comments:

Post a Comment