Thursday, October 8, 2015

To Start - A bit about me and disorganization

To start this conversation, I wanted to tell you a little about me and my disorganization.

As a child I lived with my parents in a 3 room apartment.  The entrance door to the apartment led to a long hall which ran the length of the adjacent apartment.  It was lined with metal shelving units which held all sorts of items including books and my toys.  Towards the end of when we lived in the apartment, there was too much stuff and it would fall off the shelves constantly.  I have been dealing with too much stuff ever since.

Our house holds what we have accumulated over the decades.  We both work from home and also have some hobbies - more about this as we go along - which add to what is in the house.

While to anyone’s eye (even mine) the house looks terribly disorganized, there are areas of really organized stuff, areas of organization in progress, areas that look totally disorganized, but I can find most stuff.   I believe that a house does not have to look like a designer magazine. It needs to meet one’s needs, be clean, one must be able to find stuff, and it must serve the purpose you  need.

I will share ideas which have worked for me, ideas which have not, and what I am doing as I go forward.  I hope to hear from you also about problems and questions you have and what has worked for you. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on staring your blog - I have it on my favourites. - Ger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job should be helpful to many!

    ReplyDelete