Thursday, December 24, 2015

I AM NOT READY FOR CHRISTMAS (DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS - PART 3)

Last week we planned to spend 4 evenings helping (with our reenactment group) interpret a house from the 1700's at a candlelight night event at a restoration village.  So there was to be little progress on the Christmas decorating those nights, especially since between getting ready, going and coming home, and being there we will spend about 7 and a half hours on the event each day.  However, the first night we were rained out (after we dressed in period clothes, drove there and started setting up the house) so some work was done that night.  The next night was fine.  The third night I was terribly ill and did not go the event nor did I work on the decorations.  The fourth night I was too exhausted to work on anything.

So on Monday the 21st I finally started on decorating the main tree and (simultaneously) the tree in our studio which has only ornaments we have made.  They are worked on together as some of the ornaments, which are multiples, fit both categories and I split them between the two trees.  Tuesday night I worked on the two trees again and I progressed to the point where all of the “good” decorations were on.  This left balls - fancy and not, assorted small ornaments that I fit in small spaces which are left, and plastic icicles for the main tree.  Some of the balls and small ornaments are handmade and also will go on both trees.   I finished the balls tonight and was too exhausted to go on.  So there will be more tree finishing tomorrow.  I also realized that I forgot it was Wednesday - laundry night and ran down and threw a load in.

There are also other handmade ornaments to go on the studio tree as well as bit of ribbon.  I have a very fancy gift box (velvet and ribbon) which someone gave us a gift in once.  I put this under the main tree as trees look empty without a gift.  I have a white box I intend to glue ribbon on and then use for same. 

I started carrying the empty boxes downstairs and I am putting them in and on the tree box for temporary storage.  We will find a spot for the new tree either in the living room or the dining room and decorate it - it should go fairly quickly as there are only about 25-30 ornaments to put on it.  At some point - maybe even Christmas Day or later, I will get to the teddy village for upstairs. 

Oh, I keep forgetting, I still have to wrap the gifts - for husband and his nieces and I can’t wait until after Christmas to do that - can I?

Well we can only do so much in the time we have and I won’t get sick over what is done late.  Have you gotten all of your decorating, shopping, and wrapping done?

I hope all who celebrate Christmas have a great one!  There will be one more post before the year is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment