Thursday, March 10, 2022

USING YOUR CELL PHONE CALENDAR TO GET AND STAY ORGANIZED - IN THE HOUSE AND FOR SHOPPING TRIPS

 We are expecting another large snowstorm this coming weekend.  I have been checking to make sure we will have the food we will need if it does snow.  In the interim we will get one or two days with heavy rain – and husband does not like to drive in same these days, so we will need to make a food run tomorrow I guess.  

In the interim I pulled 4 slices of white bread and 2 of rye from the freezer.  This would allow us to have sandwiches as they will be defrosted when we need them.  Husband HATES frozen bread.  I don't like it, but deal with it better than he does.  

Due to my switch in cell phones (and, yes, I still hate the new one – it will have to do something to redeem itself to change my mind) I am not even sure which app I am suppose to be using for my shopping list as I now have 3 different memo apps!  In years past (before the pandemic) I would keep my shopping list in my various (over the years) cell phone.  One never forgets it that way and if suddenly while out it is decided to food shop – there it is!  During the most of the pandemic I did not want to have to take my phone out in public, so  I had a small piece of paper on the fridge and wrote down what we needed to buy.  More recently I have gone back to having my list in my phone – I also add non-food items from around the house this way as the phone generally travels around the house with me.  (Not that I get a lot of phone calls or texts, but husband likes me to have it with me in case I fall “and can't get up”.  No, he would not hear me screaming, but that is another story all together.)  Hopefully I will remember which app I used – yes, I am starting to get that old.  

We bought a set of new sheets and pillowcases.  We had 2 sets of white and one of light beige as we bought same when had bedbugs – easy to see the bugs on the bedding if it is of a light color.  Unfortunately over the ensuing 10 plus years it has also been easier to see the stains on them.  We bought tan sheets – light enough to see bedbugs on it but dark enough to hide the stains – and no, after we got the bedbugs that time we have not had any sense – but whether that means we can relax or if it means our hard work at avoiding them has worked we don't know.  Then again, my leading culprit for where they came from is a tax client of mine and he moved out of state and is no longer a client.  Husband helped me changing the bedding.  I hate changing bedding more than other job.  Being short I also have short arms and I have figured out that is why I hate changing bedding – my arms are too short to deal with queen sized sheets and blankets easily.  Husband helped this time (either the first or second time in 40+ years of marriage – he may have helped when I made the bed made up before we got married for when we returned home.  (Good thing it was – we got home in the wee hours of the morning and would have ended up sleeping on an unmade bed.)  It made it a bit easier.  I guess I will ask him to help from now on.  

THOUGHT OF THE WEEK -
How do you use your electronic devices to help you organize?  In addition to my shopping list in my cell phone I have reminders for chores which need to be done – including weekly reminders to take out garbage, do the laundry – even run backups on my computers.  The phone calendar you always have with you (you know you do) should be used to help you get and stay organized – use its alarms to remind you.   


No comments:

Post a Comment